Contents In This Post Navigation
About Matthew Fox
Matthew Chandler Fox (born July 14, 1966) is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Charlie Salinger on Party of Five (1994–2000) and Jack Shephard on the drama series Lost (2004–2010), the latter of which earned him the Golden Globe Award and Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
Fox has also performed in ten feature films, including We Are Marshall (2006), Vantage Point (2008), Alex Cross (2012), Emperor (2012) and Bone Tomahawk (2015).
Top 30 Best Matthew Fox Quotes
1. “A lot of the time I hate acting. It has a lot to do with the way I was brought up in a world where showing your emotions is frowned upon. It’s just not manly. I don’t do anything in life because I love doing it. It’s because I want to be good at it.” – Matthew Fox
2. “A lot of people want to see this idealized version of heroism, all pretty and perfect, and I’m not interested in playing the goody-goody hero at all.” – Matthew Fox
3. “We honour life when we work. The type of work is not important: the fact of work is. All work feeds the soul if it is honest and done to the best of our abilities and if it brings joy to others.” – Matthew Fox
4. “A global awakening can only happen from a spiritual awakening that is of global dimensions.” – Matthew Fox
5. “I directed an episode of ‘Party of Five’ toward the very end of that show. It was a great experience.” – Matthew Fox
6. “I didn’t learn to swim until I was 21 or something because I grew up in the mountains in Wyoming and all the water is glacier runoff and cold.” – Matthew Fox
7. “Having a studio tell you when to jump and how high eight months of the year for six years is not a relationship I want to get into again.” – Matthew Fox
8. “Creation is all space, all time – all things past, present, and future.” – Matthew Fox
9th of Top 30 Best Matthew Fox Quotes
9. “Do not confuse beauty with beautiful. Beautiful is a human judgment. Beauty is All. The difference is everything.” – Matthew Fox
10. “Beauty saves. Beauty heals. Beauty motivates. Beauty unites. Beauty returns us to our origins, and here lies the ultimate act of saving, of healing, of overcoming dualism.” – Matthew Fox
11. “Sustainability is another word for justice, for what is just is sustainable and what is unjust is not.” – Matthew Fox
12. “Evil is the shadow of an angel. Just as there are angels of light, support, guidance, healing, and defence, so we have experiences of shadow angels. And we have names for them: racism, sexism, homophobia are all demons – but they’re not out there.” – Matthew Fox
13. “To recover a spiritual tradition in which creation, and the study of creation, matters would be to inaugurate new possibilities between spirituality and science that would shape the paradigms for culture, its institution, and its people.” – Matthew Fox
14. “Soul is our appetite, driving us to eat from the banquet of life. People filled with the hunger of soul take food from every dish before them, whether it be sweet or bitter.” – Matthew Fox
15. “Our self-expression is meant to be a manifestation of the silence of our hearts.” – Matthew Fox
16. “What is of the most moment of compassion is not feelings of pity but feelings of togetherness.” – Matthew Fox
17. “When our inner self connects to our work and our work to our inner self, the work knows no limit, for the inner self knows no limit.” – Matthew Fox
18. “Creation is all things and us. It is us in a relationship with all things. All things, the ones we see and the ones we do not; the whirling galaxies and the wild suns, the black holes and the microorganisms, the trees and the stars, the fish and the whales – the molten lava and the towering snow-capped mountains, the children we give birth to and their children, and theirs, and theirs, and theirs.” – Matthew Fox
19th Of Top 30 Best Matthew Fox Quotes
19. “The whole purpose of letting pain be pain is this: to let go of the pain. By entering into it, we see that we are strong enough and capable enough to move through it. We find out that it ultimately has a gift for us.” – Matthew Fox
20. “If you look closely at a tree you’ll notice its knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully.” – Matthew Fox
21. “I played football for a huge portion of my life, all the way through college actually.” – Matthew Fox
22. “Compassion is not pity … compassion never considers an object as weak or inferior. Compassion, one might say, works from a strength born of an awareness of shared weakness, and not from someone else’s weakness. And from the awareness of the mutuality of us all. Thus to put down another as in pity is to put down oneself.” – Matthew Fox
23. “The universe is in the habit of making beauty. There are flowers and songs, snowflakes and smiles, acts of great courage, laughter between friends, a job well done, and the smell of fresh-baked bread. Beauty is everywhere.” – Matthew Fox
24. “Today’s Catholic church seems to reward authoritarian personalities who are clearly ill, violent, sexually obsessed and unable to remember the past.” – Matthew Fox
25. “I think that there’s a hidden darkness in all of us!” – Matthew Fox
26. “Healthy mysticism praises acts of letting go, of being emptied, of getting in touch with the space inside and expanding this until it merges with the space outside. Space meeting space; empty pouring into empty. Births happen from that encounter with emptiness, nothingness. . . . Let us not fight emptiness and nothingness, but allow it to penetrate us even as we penetrate it.” – Matthew Fox
27. “A civilization built on dualism and war within and between persons, one that puts its most creative minds and its best engineers to sadistic work building more and more destructive weapons, is no civilization at all. It needs a radical transformation from the heart outwards. It needs to outgrow and outlaw war just as in the last century it outlawed slavery. The human race has outgrown war, but it hardly knows it yet.” – Matthew Fox
28. “I consider Otto Rank to be one of the great spiritual giants of the twentieth century, a genius as a psychologist and a saint as a human being. Though vilified by his original community of Freudians, he never became bitter. He died a feminist and deeply committed to social justice, in 1939…His deep understanding of creativity makes him a mentor for all of us living in a postmodern world…I believe that Art and Artist, especially chapters 12 to 14, may well emerge as the most valuable psychoanalysis of the spiritual life in our time.” – Matthew Fox
29th of Top 30 Best Matthew Fox Quotes
29. “The system is not working. That is how a paradigm shift begins: the established way of seeing the world no longer functions.” – Matthew Fox
30. “Faith takes us to deep places, to the ruptures in our self-confidence and our lives. Do not settle for spiritual comfort all the time…Darkness is divine also. Faith is not about positive thinking so much as about what kicks in when we are weak, sick, and short of self-confidence. The via Positiva never stands alone. The via negativa is always with us on our faith journey as well.” – Matthew Fox
Thanks for reading our article
Which of Matthew Fox’s Quotes do you like best?
Leave a comment below
Related To "Top 30 Best Matthew Fox Quotes August 2022"
Waptrick | Trendybeatz | Wapdam | Xclusiveloaded | Naijaloaded | 9jaflaver | Tooxclusive | www TikTok com | JustNaija | TrendyBeatz.com | Mdundo | Naija Music | Val9ja | AZLyrics | Genius | Shazam | Audiomack
Do you find Celebnob useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
Related Post You May Like
No one has commented yet. Be the first!