About Children’s Day In Nigerian
Children’s day! A special day to recognize, honour, celebrate and appreciate children – GOD’S GIFTS. The celebration is held on different days in several countries. In Nigeria, it is celebrated on the 27th of May, annually. Children are said to be gifts from God. It doesn’t matter the sex and physical state or condition of the child. These children are the future of many generations…
History Of Children’s Day Celebration
Children’s Day began on the second Sunday of June in 1857 by Reverend Dr Charles Leonard, pastor of the Universalist Church of the Redeemer in Chelsea, Massachusetts: Leonard held a special service dedicated to, and for the children.
Leonard named the day Rose Day, though it was later named Flower Sunday, and then named Children’s Day.
Children’s Day was first officially declared a national holiday by the Republic of Turkey in 1920 with the set date of 23 April. Children’s Day has been celebrated nationally since 1920 with the government and the newspapers of the time declaring it a day for the children.
However, it was decided that an official confirmation was needed to clarify and justify this celebration and the official declaration was made nationally in 1929 by the founder and the President of the Republic of Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
8 Happy Children’s Day Quotes
- Every child is an artist, the problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up – Pablo Picasso
- There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. -Walt Streightiff
- It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless. – L R Knost
- We cannot fashion our children after our desires. We must have them and love them as God has given them to us. – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- Every time a child is saved from the dark side of life, every time one of us makes the effort to make a difference in a child’s life, we add light and healing to our own lives. – Oprah Winfrey
- Our children are our greatest treasure. They are our future. Those who abuse them tear at the fabric of our society and weaken our nation. – Nelson Mandela
- Children must be taught how to think, not what to think. – Margaret Mead
- A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to be always busy with something and know how to demand with all his might what you want. – Paulo Coelho
8 Happy Children’s Day Wishes
- The sweetest period of anyone’s life is their childhood. A very happy children’s day to all the kids in the world. Spend this day with unlimited fun!
- Children spread joy and happiness in every season as they are the most beautiful creation of God. Happy Children’s Day!
- God loves every child so much that he creates each one of them with unimaginable perfection. Truly, children are blessings from heaven. Happy Children’s Day!
- On this very special day, let us all celebrate the innocence and purity of our kids. Let them feel precious in every way that we can because they are our future. Happy Children’s Day!
- The most precious thing in this world is a smile on the face of a child. Happy children’s day to every kid in the world. You’re so special to us!
- Without children, the world would be devoid of sunshine, laughter, and love. That’s why I believe children are the most precious creation in the world. We should protect, guide and love them with all our might, for they are our greatest treasures. Happy Children’s Day!
- There are some things that we can’t buy, one such thing is our childhood. Enjoy the spirit of Children’s Day!
- Every child is a gift of nature. Give them their today, give them time to play, and make way for their future. Happy Children’s Day!
Related To "8 Happy Children’s Day Quotes & Wishes For Children (Nigeria)"
Waptrick | Trendybeatz | Wapdam | Xclusiveloaded | Naijaloaded | 9jaflaver | Tooxclusive | www TikTok com | JustNaija | TrendyBeatz.com | Mdundo | Naija Music | Val9ja | AZLyrics | Genius | Shazam | Audiomack
Do you find Celebnob useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
Related Post You May Like
No one has commented yet. Be the first!